Warsash Superyacht Academy Partners with Porto Montenegro
Solent University’s Warsash Superyacht Academy (WSA) is opening a brand new training facility with Porto Montenegro, in one of the world’s most spectacular cruising grounds.
Porto Montenegro is home to the world’s largest superyacht berth at 250 meters, and the marina’s 450 additional berths all offer an unrivaled range of services and amenities. The fusion of world-class training at a world-class destination will make Warsash Superyacht Academy Porto Montenegro a truly incredible experience.
Launching with a series of courses this autumn – and aiming to expand to offer WSA’s full portfolio of internationally recognized qualifications for superyacht crew - this new partnership will make training crew even more efficient and convenient.
This announcement comes at a time where Solent University is investing over £40 million ($52 million) from 2017 to 2020 in the latest technology for simulators, safety training and campus facilities. Current and planned investment includes:
- High tech campuses for deck and engineering training
- A state-of-the art simulation center with six full-mission bridges and an engine room
- Safety training center including a purpose-built fire school, helicopter underwater escape trainer, survival pool and medical rooms
- GMDSS radio communications and dynamic positioning (DP) facilities
- New cyber security center with cutting-edge interactive training suites
- New superyacht training facilities at Porto Montenegro
- New superyacht master’s degree, MSc Superyacht Design
- Two new vessels at the world’s leading ship-handling center