On August 1, 2016, Ulf Hahnemann, current Vice President for Strategic Programs at Mars Inc. will join Maersk Line as Chief Human Resources Officer (CHRO) and be part of the management board of Maersk Line.
Maersk Line’s current Chief Human Resources Officer, Michael Chivers, resigned in January 2016 to explore opportunities outside of the Maersk Group. He will leave by the end of May 2016.
As of August 1, 2016, Maersk Line’s management board will consist of Søren Skou, Chief Executive Officer; Vincent Clerc, Chief Commercial Officer; Pierre Danet, Chief Financial Officer; Ulf Hahnemann, Chief Human Resources Officer; Jakob Stausholm, Chief Strategy and Transformation Officer; and Søren Toft, Chief Operating Officer.
A Danish national, Ulf Hahnemann holds a bachelor’s degree in economics from Copenhagen Business School. Beginning in 1989, Hahnemann’s tenure at Mars Inc. included a number of roles, as follows:
- January 2014-present: Vice President, Strategic Programs
- January-November 2012: Acting President, US Petcare
- July 2006-December 2013: Vice President, People & Organization
- July 2003-July 2006: Vice President, People & Organization, Mars Australia
- April 2002-July 2003: Director, People & Organization, Mars Petcare Australia
- January 2001-April 2002: Director, Organization development, Mars Europe
- 1996-2001: HR Director
- 1991-1996: Manager positions within branding, business development and sales
- 1989-1991: Management trainee and sales consultant
Hahnemann also served the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Denmark as Export consultant at the Danish Embassy in Oslo from 1987-1989.